Thursday 6 June 2013

Aussie Farmers Direct: Fruit and Veg To Your Door!

In my package of baby information booklets, samples and vouchers from the hospital, there was a voucher for a half price Couples Pack from Aussie Farmers Direct.   Never one to pass up a bargain, I decided to try them out...



Aussie Farmers Direct is a company that will deliver a box of fresh fruit, veggies and salad to your door once a week, fortnight or month depending on when you need.  The produce is direct from local farmers and always seasonal so changes as availability does.  

The Couples Pack usually costs $26 but with my voucher I got it for half price.  I usually do my grocery shopping at Coles or Woolworths and fruit and veg is really pricey.  I really think $26 for this box is very reasonable and will definitely continue to receive these weekly.  

It was like Christmas when my box of goodies arrived and it seemed never ending.  I’ve put the list below of what was inside so you can see just how much we received.

3 x Apples
3 x bananas
2 x oranges
2 x mandarins
1 x pack carrots
1 x pack potatoes
1 x huge bunch celery
1 x bunch coriander
2 x onions
1 x iceberg lettuce
½ a cauliflower
2 x large tomatoes
1 x punnet of grapes  




One of the good things about receiving what’s in season is that you are forced out of your weekly routine of buying the same old thing.  This week we received silver beet which I’d never even heard of before!   I had to search online for directions on how to cook it!  Turns out it’s just like spinach and can be used in the same way.  


So take a look, I believe there are plenty of options to choose from including Family Boxes and I think you can even add eggs and other things like smoothies to your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment