Wednesday 26 June 2013

South Melbourne Market

I am Market Mad!  I love the hustle and bustle, the atmosphere and the array of goodies on offer.  Melbourne certainly has it’s fair share of markets and I’m checking them all off my list one at a time.


The first one I’m blogging about is my favourite so far - the South Melbourne Market.



Based in Coventry Street just ten minutes from the CBD, its easy to reach by tram or bus and there’s enough parking around if you’re going to drive.       


South Melbourne market has a variety of wares on offer including fresh fruit and veggies, butchers, fashion and footwear, homewares, books, fresh flowers and plants, jewellery, cakes and sweets.  There are some fabulous cafes and restaurants so definitely worth visiting for breakie or lunch.  


Best of all (in my opinion) is the Designer Market SO:ME Space.  A selection of super trendy stores that sell quirky homewares, jewellery and even bicycles.  They even have their own blog.
My fave is The Super Cool store which has been featured on The Block recently.  Their homewares are to die for.  I’m a cushion horder and theirs are a-mah-zing!!!  


The market also has it's own cooking school.  Small classes are taught by well known Melbourne Chefs.  Read more about the classes here.  

This weekend we're heading to Footscray Market so watch this space for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment